KING ARTHUR BAKING COMPANY™
UNBLEACHED & UNENRICHED
FOR TENDER CAKES WITH A FINE, MOIST CRUMB
- NON GMO Project VERIFIED
- OU Kosher
NET WT 32 OZ (2 LBS) 907 g
UNBLEACHED & UNENRICHED CAKE FLOUR
We've reformulated our unbleached cake flour to be even better than before. Improved for better texture, our cake flour yields higher-rising, tender cakes with a fine, moist crumb. It's a baking essential you can rely on every time.
RAISE YOUR FLOUR IQ
• OUR QUALITY PROMISE: Flour this good doesn't happen by accident. With expertise and experience from field to bag, we craft our flour with care and a commitment to help you bake your best.
• QUALITY & CONSISTENCY: Delicious results, every time! We test bake (yum!) our flour to ensure it meets our strict standards - the strictest in the industry.
• NEVER BLEACHED, NEVER BROMATED®: Our flours contain no bleach, no bromate, and no artificial preservatives of any kind.
• 100% AMERICAN GROWN: We support American farmers who produce the best, highest-quality wheat. All of our wheat flour is grown and milled in the United States.
• FOR CONSISTENT RESULTS: We recommended weighing ingredients. 1 cup of Unbleached Cake Flour = 120 g.
CLASSIC CHOCOLATE FROSTING
1. In a large bowl, stir together 1 1/4 cups (106 g) natural cocoa powder, 1 cup (454 g) confectioners' sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
2. Stir in 1/3 cup (74 g) hot water and 1 tablespoon (14 g) vanilla extract.
3. Add 16 tablespoons (227g) softened butter and 3 additional cups confectioners' sugar, stirring to combine.
4. Beat the frosting at medium-high speed for 1 to 2 minutes, until lightened in color and fluffy.
5. If frosting cupcakes, make one and a half times the frosting recipe.
CLASSIC BIRTHDAY CAKE
- 2 cups (241 g) King Arthur Unbleached Cake Flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups (397 g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract; optional, for enhanced flavor
- 1 cup (227 g) milk, whole milk preferred
- 4 tablespoons (57 g butter, cut into pats
- 1/3 cup (67 g) vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F with a rack in the center. Lightly grease two 8" or 9" round cake pans; for extra protection against sticking, line the bottom of the pans with parchment and grease the parchment. If your 8" pans aren't at least 2" deep, use 9" pans.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, either using an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer with whisk attachment, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and almond extract (if using), until thickened and light gold in color, about 2 minutes at medium-high speed.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix just enough to combine. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, then mix again briefly.
5. In a saucepan set over medium heat or in the microwave, bring the milk just to a simmer. Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter and oil, stirring until the butter has melted.
6. Slowly mix the hot milk-butter-oil mixture into the batter, stirring on low speed until everything is well combined. Scrape the bowl and mix briefly, just until smooth.
7. Divide the batter evenly between the pans.
8. Bake until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean and the top feels set (see below for baking times).
9. Remove from the oven, carefully loosen the edges, and allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pans. Transfer them to rack, right-side up, to cool to room temperature.
• PAN SIZE & BAKE TIME:
- Two 8" round (38 to 42 minutes)
- Two 9" round (26 to 30 minutes)
- 9" x 13" pan (45 to 48 minutes)
- 26 to 28 cupcakes (25 to 28 minutes)
- 100% EMPLOYEE-OWNED: We are 100% employee-owned and operated by a group of over 300 passionate bakers.
- Certified B Corporation®: We're a Certified B Corp - one of 3,200 companies that are committed to using the power of business as a force for social and environmental good. We leverage profit to create a positive impact for people, community, and the environment.
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS:
• RAW FLOUR IS NOT READY-TO-EAT AND MUST BE THOROUGHLY COOKED OR BAKED BEFORE EATING TO PREVENT ILLNESS FROM BACTERIA IN THE FLOUR.
• DO NOT EAT OR PLAY WITH RAW DOUGH; WASH HANDS, UTENSILS, AND SURFACES AFTER HANDLING.
• AFTER OPENING, KEEP COOL AND DRY IN A SEALED CONTAINER.
• FREEZE FOR PROLONGED STORAGE.
• SAY NO TO RAW DOUGH: Flour is a raw ingredient. Bake fully before enjoying.
• King Arthur Unbleached Flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour), Wheat Starch.
• CONTAINS: Wheat.
• Produced on equipment that also processes eggs, milk, soy, almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, walnuts, and coconut.